Starfish.

The personal and introspective musings of an all-too-tongue-and-cheek college girl.

3/19/2009

BlogHer, holy crap.

I've officially submitted this blog to BlogHer for listing.


First of all, let me say that I feel mixed about it. On the one hand, I know that I am smart and capable of blogging to an audience and that my views and opinions come from a place of knowledge and respect, so in all honesty, I feel I deserve to be listed when it comes to the rules/reasons of blogher blogs. However, I'm no Dooce, Bloggess, or Sweetney. I'm not a mom (I KNOW that mommyblogging isn't the only type of blog, but it seems to be the one that has recieved the most attention as of late and it is the one that I follow most closely). I don't feel I'm on the same level as the amazing women I follow.


Crossing my fingers to be added.
I'd also love to advertise for BlogHer, but their ad company is currently not seeking any new people, and I haven't been added so it doesn't really matter all that much.

Anyone have any advice for me when it comes to entering the public blogging world?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3/20/2009 07:14:00 PM , Blogger Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

Just found you. Love your style. My advice? Join twitter.(follow me! LOL @sendchocolate) Get involved. Go to Blogher, the conference. Comment on lots of blogs.

and write good content. You are already doing that.

T.

 
At 3/20/2009 11:17:00 PM , Blogger Abby said...

Thank you very much!
I'm on twitter, @abbyisawkward. I appreciate the advice!

-Abby

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home