Starfish.

The personal and introspective musings of an all-too-tongue-and-cheek college girl.

11/20/2008

Praise.

"'Come back, unfaithful people of Israel;' says the Lord.
'I will stop being angry with you, because I am full of mercy', says the Lord.
'I will not be angry with you forever. All you have to do is admit your sin-that you turned against the Lord your God. Come back to me, you unfaithful children."

-Jeremiah 3:11-14

"How happy I would be to treat you as my own children, and give you a pleasant land, a land more beautiful than that of any other nation."

-Jeremiah 3:19

"Come back to me, you unfaithful children, and I will forgive you."

-Jeremiah 3:22


The song Undo is stuck in my heart, and its driving me nuts.
I long so badly to go back home, to never come back to this place again.
I feel like I ran away from things that were good in an attempt to start over, and instead of finding what I sought, I found trouble. I realize now that all I needed was right in front of me. My longing to leave was from a foolish and wounded heart. I didn't see what I already had; I wanted more. I coveted the life of those I thought were better off, and I didn't understand that I had so much to be thankful for. My life had been so hard, and I thought that the answer was escape. 

I was wrong.



Only three and a half more weeks.

1 Comments:

At 11/20/2008 10:01:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I knew what I was looking for. I still don't know. I don't think it was back home. And sometimes I feel like it's not here either.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home