Starfish.

The personal and introspective musings of an all-too-tongue-and-cheek college girl.

11/18/2008

Lucas' Song.

"Sticks and stones and silence, your deadliest violence, your deadliest violence."

The refrain from my fame is stuck in my head.
I understand and feel so much better now, but the dull ache remains.

"I wonder how long you're gonna stay gone,
all the radio will ever play is our song,
I can't even sing."

Over and over, no matter what, is that feeling of hope mixed with
nothing but dread.

I miss you like crazy, but I know its not over.
We have a common goal.
We're going to be okay.
You promised that, and I trust you.


"Bad dreams are over when you wake up,
my life is better with your eyes shut."

I hate missing you.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 11/19/2008 11:18:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The refrain from my fame is stuck in my head."

You know how some words seem to carry a great deal of weight? These words speak what I think I've been going through lately.

It's an amazing thing when what your heart has experienced is captured by another's words. It's uniting. The human experience.

I'm praying for you.

-Drew

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home